Monday 17 September 2012

Italian lessons


It is ashame I never learned English grammer properly.
I am sure it would have stood me in much better stead for learning Italian. However, I am battling away. Or rather, Alison is battling away while I stare blankly at her, feeling like (as Rory put it today) a person wandering around in dense fog. But I can, I promise, already say quite a lot of stuff and recognise heaps of words and I am boldly using them on unsuspecting people. I feel like I am making quite a lot more progress than when I was here last time.
Each lunchtime, I go down to have a lesson with Alison and Roberto makes me a cafĂ©. But the grammer is a problem. Who has heard of auxiliary verbs? (don't answer that please). Guess I should be re learning it in the evenings rather than writing blogs.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you learn your modal auxiliary verbs, you won't have to learn to conjugate the other verbs:

    Io voglio mangiare una pizza senza formaggio, per favore!

    ReplyDelete