Monday 12 November 2012

In sickness and in health

After putting up with a chronically tired Jane (the family) for a number of weeks (or was that years!), my eyes and sinuses are finally on the improve and I feel like I have had a level of chronic irritation and anxiety lifted off my shoulders  - not to mention some much improved sleep with reduced allergies.

But, as my health has improved, it feels like a heavy week for friends back home. A family friend died last week of a brain tumor after a 2 month illness and a friend my age has just been diagnosed with breast cancer that has spread through her body. She has two girls similar ages to Silas and Gwilym. It seems as if good physical health can be such a fleeting condition and so can life. I don't have many answers to offer up - just a numbness and sadness at the moment and an inclination to pray faltering, doubting prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment