Wednesday 14 November 2012

Penelope at the swings

Turns out I have chosen just the right playground to hang out with the kids pre or post the Natural History Museum. I have noticed that many of the mothers tend to be gorgeous, slim, highly fashionable and even friendly. Of course, I fit right in - especially when I am not yelling like a banshee for Gwilym to come back. At the swings with friend Camilla today, there was a woman pushing her son on the swing beside us and I noted she was very beautiful. This is perfectly normal I thought. She was with her husband and curly mopped young son.

Camilla quietly put me in the picture. We were swinging alongside PENELOPE CRUZ, her husband Javier Bardem  and a curly mopped son Leo - one year old (I didn't know this until my internet search). Now I know the calibre of my friends who are likely to be reading this and know also that you probably don't have a clue who Penelope Cruz is because you don't devour out of date women's magazines in waiting rooms like I do. So here's a link to prove she was in Rome on monday and obviously has made it to Milan by Wednesday to play on OUR swings....and even better the boys did not hit, push or yell at her little angel who had the full attention of his two parents probably because they have been a little busy filming, attending premières and dressing up. 


Rory returns from Germany after two and a half days away on business. I have done remarkably well but I am relishing the silence of two children in bed. Ahh the sound of silence. We will have no more world-ending catastrophes over broken lego today. No more sobbing over dropped food and no more sound effects from imagined fights between...absolutely anything.

Highlight of the day may have been watching Gwilym charming three older ladies on the bus - one of whom was decked out in her fur trimmed coat. Gwilym couldn't resist the tactile experience of stroking it incessantly for the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Penelope Cruz! I guess even famous people have to use playgrounds just like us normal people once they have kids...
    I can just imagine Gwilym stroking the fur coat :) Is it getting cold now?
    Enjoy having Rory back - maybe you can do a sole trip to an art Gallery again? lol

    ReplyDelete